Use your overripe bananas to make a tasty breakfast!
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
¼ cup Cornstarch
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
1 ½ cups Mashed Ripe Banana (3 bananas)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put the waffle maker on to preheat while you mix the batter.
- Sift together into a large bowl the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt.
- Add milk, mashed banana, olive oil and vanilla extract and mix gently, leaving some lumps. Do not overmix.
- Grease the hot waffle iron generously with olive oil spray.
- Scoop dollops of batter into the waffle machine and close the machine. Leave the waffles to cook for roughly 3-5 minutes until golden (resist the urge to check it before it’s done!).
Serve topped with sliced banana and real maple syrup if desired.